Montse Bernal is an artists from Paris who specialises in fine art portaiture. She loves the portrait and understands it as a way of rediscovering a person, to go beyond the surface of that which is shown to us at first glance and which can be touched…
Clients include The New Yorker, Nike and BMW.
Becky Bolton and Louise Chappell formed this creative partnership having studied together at Glasgow School of Art. Their experimental collaborative approach to illustration and installation has led to exhibitions on just about every continent and projects with Adidas, MTV and Comme des Garcons.
- Born on 4th June 1975, In Los Angeles.
- Daughter of Actors Jon Voight and Marcheline Bertrand, only has one brother.
- Jolie struggled through childhood and teenage years with depression and being able to find herself.
- First film appearance was aged 6 with her father in ‘Lookin’ to get out’
- From age 11- Attended Lee Strasberg theatre and film Institute.
- In 1995, she married actor Jonny Lee Miller and they divorced in 1999.
- 1998 appeared in ‘Gia’, she won her first Golden Globe Award
- In 2000, she won the Screen Actors Guild award, the Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award in the category, ‘Best Supporting Actress’ for the movie, ‘Girl, Interrupted’
- Adopted Madox.
- She married, Billy Bob Thornton in 2000 and they separated in 2003.
- Her 2001 film, ‘Lara Croft: Tomb Raider’, later a sequel followed, ‘Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life’.
- In 2001, Jolie was appointed Goodwill Ambassador by the UNHCR for her charity work in Cambodia and Pakistan
- Published a book of her experiences and actions whilst doing charity work, called “Notes on my travels”
- By 2005 Angelina was cast the starring role in ‘Mr and Mrs. Smith’ alongside Brad Pitt.
- By 2008, Brad and Angelina now had 6 children, 3 were adopted as well as 3 of their own. Maddox, Zahara, Shiloh, Pax, Knox and Vivienne.
- 2009 Angelina was awarded the Global Humanitarian award for her decades work of raising awareness and charitable efforts and donations throughout.
- 2010 Brad and Angelina set up the Maddox Jolie-Pitt foundation
- In 2013 Angelina underwent a double mastectomy, spoke about “her medical choice” due to being diagnosed with the BRCA1 gene.
After researching a variety of powerful and influential women through the 21st century i have decided upon Angelina Jolie’s Life story to tell. Her Life ranges from the troubled childhood and now to the glamorous Hollywood life of a humanitarian that we see today, as well as everything in between.
I chose to focus on Angelina Jolie because she isn’t what meets the eye, she is a powerful and influential woman of today but has many other things that make her who she is. I wanted my summer project to on someone who i was interested by but who also has many different angels that i could explore to use within my visual biography. I haven’t chosen an historical figure such as Martin Luthor King or Nelson Mandella because although they’re lives are both extremely selfless and strong willed, i wanted someone who i have seen through my life and have been surprised by what they have achieved.
Jolie is the daughter of famous actor and actress Jon Voight and Marcheline Bertrand. Having had a troubled childhood being an outcast, called weird for her looks and punk rock interests, she was not always the glamorous and strong woman we see today.
The Life Stories project must be presented in the form of a book like a normal biography would be, it can be hand bound or professionally bound. I began my research for this just by looking at the range of binding options available to do myself compared to that of what a professional would do..
I am so glad that step by step instructions are available for book binding, these look amazing but i will have to practice and experiment for my final binding decision can be made. I want the overall aesthetic of my book to match the content within and the audience i am aiming towards.