Angelina Jolie Biography:Looking from the start..Posted: July 9, 2014
- Born on 4th June 1975, In Los Angeles.
- Daughter of Actors Jon Voight and Marcheline Bertrand, only has one brother.
- Jolie struggled through childhood and teenage years with depression and being able to find herself.
- First film appearance was aged 6 with her father in ‘Lookin’ to get out’
- From age 11- Attended Lee Strasberg theatre and film Institute.
- In 1995, she married actor Jonny Lee Miller and they divorced in 1999.
- 1998 appeared in ‘Gia’, she won her first Golden Globe Award
- In 2000, she won the Screen Actors Guild award, the Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award in the category, ‘Best Supporting Actress’ for the movie, ‘Girl, Interrupted’
- Adopted Madox.
- She married, Billy Bob Thornton in 2000 and they separated in 2003.
- Her 2001 film, ‘Lara Croft: Tomb Raider’, later a sequel followed, ‘Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life’.
- In 2001, Jolie was appointed Goodwill Ambassador by the UNHCR for her charity work in Cambodia and Pakistan
- Published a book of her experiences and actions whilst doing charity work, called “Notes on my travels”
- By 2005 Angelina was cast the starring role in ‘Mr and Mrs. Smith’ alongside Brad Pitt.
- By 2008, Brad and Angelina now had 6 children, 3 were adopted as well as 3 of their own. Maddox, Zahara, Shiloh, Pax, Knox and Vivienne.
- 2009 Angelina was awarded the Global Humanitarian award for her decades work of raising awareness and charitable efforts and donations throughout.
- 2010 Brad and Angelina set up the Maddox Jolie-Pitt foundation
- In 2013 Angelina underwent a double mastectomy, spoke about “her medical choice” due to being diagnosed with the BRCA1 gene.